Thursday, June 4, 2009

Enter SWIG

Successfully used SWIG on an example file lifted from the SWIG documentation. It took quite an effort to get it to work, and I'm not really sure what I did to make it function. I just deleted everything and tried again, and maybe I got the order of commands correct. Don't know, and that disturbs me. I don't like inconsistent programs. (Or, more accurately, programs that are perfectly consistent but whose patterns I can't recognize.)

Also managed to use CMake on utils in order to make a bunch of .i files for SWIG. However I was unable to get SWIG to treat them properly. It kept complaining of a syntax error. The line number varied depending on the exact .i file, but the offending line is always:

namespace std __attribute__ ((__visibility__ ("default"))) {

I'm afraid that I'm going to need to dig deep into the SWIG docs to figure out what the hell this is. Not what I wanted, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment