Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Still SWIGing

Here are the warnings that are left:

ApplicationTools.i:21: Warning(454): Setting a pointer/reference variable may leak memory.
ApplicationTools.i:22: Warning(454): Setting a pointer/reference variable may leak memory.
ApplicationTools.i:23: Warning(454): Setting a pointer/reference variable may leak memory.

BppString.i:13: Warning(402): Base class 'string' is incomplete.
/usr/share/swig1.3/typemaps/std_string.swg:17: Warning(402): Only forward declaration 'string' was found.

Number.i:19: Warning(362): operator= ignored

RGBColor.i:43: Warning(389): operator[] ignored (consider using %extend)
RGBColor.i:44: Warning(389): operator[] ignored (consider using %extend)

I'm inclined to ignore the possible memory leak in ApplicationTools. I still need to figure out the operator issue in RGBColor and Number. And then the BppString issue--I have no idea. My thought is that it's an issue with the SWIG library on which everything relies.

Have some information from Xin about the operator issue, and I have a couple of things to try. (And in any case, I'm not really sure I need to do anything here--if someone can't access Utils from Python or Perl, I don't think it's much of a loss.) That leaves the base 'string' class problem. Have posted to the SWIG mailing list, but have gotten nothing from them. (That might be because I did it as an addendum to an earlier question of mine, that ended up being a dumb question.)

No comments:

Post a Comment