Friday, August 7, 2009

Guess What 4*4 Is?

Recounted the number of classes I've done, and then I did a fair number today.  Current count: 84 (though some of those are abstract, and don't need direct wrapping). I don't know if things will speed up or slow down after this. NumCalc is yielding some interesting little features, that are proving interesting to wrap.

I've found at least 5 bugs in Bio++. Most recently, it tried to tell me that 4^2 = 15. I checked this out by coding in C++, without SWIG. Yup--not a SWIG bug. NumTools.pow(4,2) = 16. (I believe the actual calculation is done with doubles, and that it's a rounding error.) I don't know where to report this. I've written the Bio++ dev mailing list, and gotten back zilch in response. I don't know if they're ignoring me, or if my messages just haven't gotten through.

In the meantime, these bugs are slowing me down. Every time I find one, I need to check that it's not my own idiocy with SWIG that's causing problems. That's aggravating. I have a lot of money on the line, and I'm being slowed down by careless bugs. (Of course, I can't be too critical. Bugs are part of the Game, and I have to recognize that I'm under a lot of stress right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment